I dipped in to the pumpkin supply in our pantry again (since it looks like the stores are not wanting for it right now)… And soup day was a success! Also, the easiest soup ever.
* tbsp butter (or earth balance to make it completely vegan!)
* 1/2 tsp cumin
* 1 tsp curry
* 1/2 tsp ginger
* 1 tbsp onion powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 cups veggie broth
* 15-oz. can pure pumpkin puree
* 14-oz. lite coconut milk (I promise I never would have spelled it that way, if I wasn’t including a photo of them doing it this way.)
* 1/2 package tofu (I used light firm tofu, & I might use even more next time)
* Cube up 1/2 block tofu. Press with paper towels for a few minutes under the weight of the pumpkin & coconut milk.
* Melt the butter in a pot over medium-low heat. Add the cumin & curry, and let simmer for a minute.
* Add the rest of the ingredients, through coconut milk.
* Simmer over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes.
* Meanwhile, spray a pan with olive oil, and brown up the tofu cubes (essentially, I learned from Emily). Sprinkle each side with salt & pepper. The cooking may have taken about 5 minutes per side on medium-high.
* I tossed 1/4 of the tofu cubes into the bowl after I poured it, to make sure I would have tofu for each serving.
* Sprinkle with salt, pepper, & curry.
This made 4 servings at 1.33 cup each. Per serving: 155 calories, 10 grams fat, 5 grams fiber, 6.75 grams protein.
Today, I am ok with the cold temperatures. I have a feeling they were involved in making the soup taste so perfect. 🙂