, , , , ,

I call today a success! My bowl of oatmeal held me over crazy good until lunch. And I didn’t feel the slightest temptation to go early. I overestimated how much dried fruit I’d want, but I added some maple flavor and Splenda, so maybe I just forgot how sweet it would be already. It was nice to have enough time to calmly eat at home instead of snacking at work. Sunshine through the window and everything. The texture was awesome. I haven’t had steel-cut oats away from the slow cooker in maybe a year.

Immediately followed by my first Google mug use on the way to work.

Such a good start to the day.  I was thinking about lunch for a while last night, considering that I could just pull a frozen lunch because it would be low enough on calories.  But that’s when I decided I should have a day full of more whole foods to start feeling better.  So I went back to the 70-calorie super-protein-fiber tortillas, and assembled a delicious lunch out of what I assumed was nothing.  I found a can of pinto beans, used some frozen whole leaf spinach, and swiped some swiss from my dad.  And for good measure, doused the whole thing in hot sauce.  It was great.  The spinach – pinto bean mix was interesting at first, but I knew I wanted greens and protein, and wasn’t feeling egg whites.  It definitely worked.  The beans got smashed with coriander, cumin, and garlic powder.

I had a fun side dishes dinner at Chili’s, and then took a trip next door to the mall, to exchange some jeans, but more importantly, to head to T-Mobile.  It was an awesome visit.  I left with a brand new phone!  I love gadgets, and especially reading their manuals.  But I am the worst at making decisions, and always drag my feet.  I also never want to part with what I have, which is apparent by the fact that my car is 18 years old and I so hate the idea of parting with it.

But I digress.  This phone, she’s a beautie.  It’s an HTC Magic, which T-Mobile decided to brand and call it a My Touch 3G.  Yep, that’s right.  I have a smartphone.  And it knows 3G.  It’s so glorious.  I may never understand it.  But I at least plan on forgetting to sleep tonight on favor of playing with all of the buttons, menus, and user’s manual.  It’s time to get started.  (Who am I kidding? I will probably be asleep in 20 minutes still cradling it in my hand.)  There will probably be real photos to come tomorrow, when I’m more certain of how long-running this love will be.